Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Introduction

Greetings from Cohort 7! My name is Kristina, and this isn't my first foray into the blogging world. I've been blogging for three years now, though this is my first educational blogging experience. This also isn't my first foray into grad school, but that's a story for another time...

I never thought that I would pursue a career in libraries. It all kind of happened by chance. At BGSU, I was an English major, with a minor in Popular Culture. My dream job was to be a music journalist, but I got realistic. I just don't have the personality for the field! I've always been a bookworm, and love doing research. Throughout my years at BG, I worked at our campus library. By my senior year, things began to fall into place and I realized which direction I should head in, career-wise. Four years and a few stumbles later, I am finally here!

What else to say? I moved from my hometown in Geauga County to Akron last summer. My passion in life is music, though I am not a musician. Perhaps my passion stems from my being envious of those who create it? Anyway, some of my favorites are U2, Wilco, The Clash, The Beatles, The Smiths, Radiohead, Neil Young, and The White Stripes. I'm known for following my favorite bands around the U.S. (and even into the U.K.!). However, with this grad program, I guess I'll just have to stick to local shows (ha!).

I'm also big into travel, reading (of course), films, hiking, photography, food and wine. And my dog, Cosmo:



He rocks. I also enjoy beating people at trivia games, as I am a barrel of useless knowledge. Anyone up for a game?

I look forward to meeting you all in July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ended up writing that blog because the theme song was stuck in my head all day. Also, it was the only way to put a picture of "Lisa" in my blog without it looking totally creepy.

8^)

Kristina said...

Hey, just as long as you don't go around wearing bras on your head!